Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Starving Artist & The Battle at Dirty Thirty, Ep.10

30 Reasons Why 30 Will Be OK

Reason #19:  So, on the not-so-off-chance that 30 might, in fact, not be the best thing that ever happened to me, there is this possibility that it could, at the very least, not get worse.  My sweetheart former roommate and I were discussing this over pork buns (PORK BUNNNNNNNS!!!!!!! Sweet sweet puking jesus) this afternoon.  Said sweetheart former roommate turned 30 just shy of two months ago and, like ya do, like anyone does when they're walking into unfamiliar territory, I wanted her opinion on what I'm getting myself into. 
                  
                 Is it great?
                "Um.  I don't know..."
                 NO?!
                "Nooooo, it just kinda...is."
                 Oh.
                "I'm really still figuring it out."
                 Ah.  Gotcha.
                "Like, I mean, honestly, I'm still going through the same 1/3d Life Crisis.
            At 30.   No different."

...Let it be said that this girl is the singlemost put-together human being I have ever met in my entire life.  Her "1/3d Life Crisises" look much like most peoples' "fairly decent days".  And I love that about her.

Still, I take comfort in the fact that feelings like that, things like that might not change so tremendously.  That's pretty OK.  Really.

Reason #20:  I'm turning 30.  Isn't that right around when a woman's libido starts randomly spiking all over again?  Because I'd be pretty OK with that, tooooo...

OOH!  Maybe I can write a brilliant brilliant follow-up article to that one in The Huff Post in like a year or so: "15 Types of Sex You Have When You're 30 And Your Libido Starts To Go Ape-Shit Crazy".  Yeah.

...Something less wordy?  No?  Perfect.

...

OH MY GOD HOW AM I SERIOUSLY ONLY REALLY REALIZING THIS RIGHT! NOW?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment