Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Starving Artist & The Battle at Dirty Thirty, Ep.5

30 Reasons Why 30 Will Be OK

Reason #8:  My friend Anthony celebrated his 30th birthday tonight, right?  So, a whole bunch of us went to Red Rooster in Harlem, ate chicken & waffles and drank a bunch of glorious things, all in his honor, and it was awesome.  And at some point after one gorgeous tequila-spiked beverage and 2 glasses of wine (WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?! Lush.), I leaned over the table and went (slash "slurred") Anthony.  3-0.  How you feelin?  What are you feeling about it so far?

It's a rare thing to hear my friend get all sweet and sincere.  And heartfelt, and such.  But he just looked at me and smiled all huge, and goes, "Ange.  It's just...good, ya know?  It's good.   I feel really good about it."  Yeah?  "Yeah.  I do."

So:  Awesome.


Reason #9:  Lindsay Lohan is still in her 20s; I'd like to separate myself from that hot mess as much as is humanly possible.  Surely not being a fellow B-List is celebrity is one excellent way of doing so, but I figure being within a different age group entirely can't hurt either.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment