Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How a Starving Artist Can Lose the Funk.

(That is the one that she's in as opposed to the one that she feels..for that one will never be lost, friends.  Never.)

I think that it's important to remember that no matter how bleak things may seem, there is always some kind of light to be found around you somewhere--eventually.  I try to remind myself of this often, and maybe I should do so more often, but still.

I woke up this morning far earlier than I would have liked as I had the day off from work--which meant one day less money, which meant that I was not thrilled.  I spent the next five hours applying for more jobs than I could count and then, before I knew it, it was already Noon.  ...Not ideal.

But then, I received two job interviews for later in the week--and two job interviews of which I was actually really excited about.

And then I snagged another audition.

(And then yoga, which is--naturally--always a good thing).

And an impromptu happy coffee date.

...And then I came home, and I found this in my mailbox:


...And there, right there in that little envelope was all the light that I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment